1. Passengers on paying the fare are requested to see that they receive a new Ticket corresponding with the amount paid. The ticket must be retained by the passenger for inspection upon demand.
2. Children under five years of age can travel free of charge when
accompanied by a responsible person.
3. OAPs (65 years old and above) that are resident in either Guernsey or Alderney will be carried free of charge on any service (with the exception of Friday and Saturday Night services departing from 2200hrs), upon production of suitable identification.
4. Queries regarding fares and change money, or lost property on a bus, can only be dealt with on production of the bus ticket relating to the bus journey concerned.
5. The Sunday services published in our timetable will operate in place of the normal weekday services on the bank holidays.
6. Buses operating on scheduled routes bear route numbers which are exhibited at the front of the vehicle. Please check the number on the front of the bus before boarding.
7. No eating or drinking is permitted aboard the scheduled buses.
8. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, aboard the buses is prohibited.
9. CCTV cameras may be in operation on board buses. The equipment may be used for prevention/prosecution of offenders; safety of public and employees; staff discipline; monitoring of traffic.
10. Dogs may be carried on buses at the discretion of the bus
driver. All dogs are carried free and are not allowed on seats.
11. Please tender the correct fare if possible. If our driver is unable to offer cash change, a change ticket will be issued for redemption at our bus information kiosk within 14 days.
12. The driver may request that buggies are folded up to avoid obstructing the aisle. For the safety of other passengers, please do so if requested.
13. Though we make every effort to be on schedule, Guernsey sometimes has traffic congestion and the services can also be affected by road closures. Please allow good time for onward travel.
14. We reserve the right to refuse access if a passenger is not in a fit state to travel.
15. Please be considerate to your fellow passengers and turn down the volume when using mobile phones, personal stereos and other electrical equipment.
16. Fares published in our timetable are correct at the date of publication of the timetable.
17. Though we do our utmost to reunite items with their owners, CT Plus Guernsey Limited and the Environment and Infrastructure Department accept no responsibility for belongings left on our vehicles. Items found of value are deposited with the Guernsey Police. Other items found are retained at the premises of CT Plus Guernsey for seven days only prior to disposal or donation to charity.
18. If your journey cannot be completed using one bus route and it is necessary to change routes in order to complete your journey, you do not need to pay twice providing that you are taking the next available connecting journey that day. On the second leg of your journey, our driver will take your original ticket and will exchange it for a transfer ticket. Please retain the transfer ticket for inspection.
Please note that a transfer ticket will not be issued for return journeys or when re-boarding a bus if it would have been possible to complete journey on the original route.
19. Conditions and Provisions Relating to Puffin Passes are available separately.
20. CT Plus Guernsey Limited and the Environment and Infrastructure
Department are not responsible for loss or damage to cards after purchase.
21. Pre-purchase of journeys does not guarantee travel on a particular service.
22. Passengers using a Pay As You Go or Unlimited puffinpass will receive ticket
showing the journey. The ticket must be retained by the passenger for inspection upon demand.